Pregnancy can make you gain weight drastically. This change can make you insecure and worried about your health. Losing weight after giving birth is not tricky, you know. With discipline, you can return to your ideal weight.
Lose weight not only to restore body shape but also to maintain the health of the mother. As a mother, Mother would want to have a healthy body to be able to care for the little one until he grew up. Ideal body weight will reduce the risk of Mothers exposed to high blood pressure, diabetes, and coronary heart disease.
Various Ways to Lose Weight After Childbirth
After giving birth, you need time and energy to recover. Therefore, Mother is not recommended to lose weight after giving birth immediately. Mothers can start losing weight around the 6th or 8th week after delivery.
Here are 3 things you need to pay attention to restore your ideal body shape:
1. Apply a healthy diet
Healthy food and proper nutrition are the primary keys to losing weight after giving birth. The following are tips for maintaining a healthy diet:
- Take time to breakfast in the morning.
- Eat foods that are rich in fiber, such as oats, seeds, and nuts.
- Consume foods with complex carbohydrates at every meal, such as pasta, brown rice, or whole-wheat bread.
- Eat low-fat protein sources, such as chicken breast.
- Don’t forget to consume good fats or omega-3 sources such as olive oil and fish.
- Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
- Change snack packs between large meals with fruit or nuts.
- Limit consumption of fatty and high-calorie foods, such as fast food, pastries, and soft drinks.
During lactation, you need lots of calories from meals to produce milk. So, you cannot limit the amount of food you have, yes. Just make sure that all foods that you consume are rich in nutrients and healthy.
2. Exercise regularly
To accelerate weight loss, mothers can also exercise regularly. Do you know? Breastfeeding your child can burn calories equivalent to one exercise session, you know. This activity can lose weight after giving birth without your mother, even realizing it.
However, if the mother does not breastfeed Small Si, there are many, really, selection of other sports. Mother can also use a baby stroller or alias stroller to exercise with a few steps below:
- Warm-up for 5 minutes by stretching the legs, shoulders, and head.
- Walk while pushing Start with a standard path for 60 seconds, continue with a brisk walk for 30 seconds. Repeat for 30 minutes.
- Make sure the shoulders are pulled back, and the backbone is upright. Give a distance between the stroller and hips.
- Cool it for about 5 minutes while still pushing the pram.
Mothers can also choose other forms of exercise, such as yoga, dancing, or aerobics.
3. Manage stress
Taking care of newborns can make Mother stressed. This can slow down weight loss Mother after giving birth, you know. Pressure can increase appetite and desire to eat sweet foods, as well as reduce enthusiasm for physical activity and exercise.
Read Also :
Stress can also trigger the production of the hormone cortisol. This hormone will make your body more difficult to burn fat. To avoid this, there are several ways you can do, namely:
- Inadequate sleep needs
Lack of sleep can increase appetite and trigger insulin resistance, a condition in which the ability of body cells to absorb sugar from the blood decreases. These things can cause fat buildup.
If you have difficulty sleeping because you often wake up at night, use your baby’s nap time to sleep as well.
- Ask for assistance
When you are too tired, there is no harm in asking for help from people you trust to help with homework or taking care of your child. Mother can use this time to rest, do me time, or date with her husband.
Losing weight after giving birth can improve your health condition. However, do not lose weight excessively especially in a quick time. Drastic weight loss can make you sick and can not breastfeed your child.
To be safer, you can consult with your doctor to get directions on how to lose weight after giving birth according to your condition.